Christmas noir decor
This Christmas we are going noir.
To help you create some inexpensive and easy decoration we show you a simple origami inspired black paper diamond DIY
Paper diamond DIY
To get started all you need is some black paper, a glue stick and scissors
If you pervert to watch this DIY click here.
If not you start with
1. creating a perfect square out of your piece of paper
2. Fold it from one corner to the other
3. Unfold and fold it the other way. From corner to corner
4. Unfold and turn it over so it looks like this:
5. Fold the bottom part to the top
6. Unfold and fold it the other way
7. Unfold and turn it over. So it look like the one in the picture.
8. Gently press the sides towards the middle…
9. …and fold the top part towards you
10. Turn it 180° and fold the sides. When you´re finished folding, cut the top part off.
11. Here comes the tricky part.
Place the paper so you have the opening towards you.
Take the left side and unfold it. Open it a bit, and fold it over to the right side.
(see pictures). Press down the folding on the top, and fold it to the left. (last picture)
12. Do the same to the right side
13. Fold all the corners to the center.
14. now unfold the intired paper untill it looks like this:
- Now fold in the pre-folded corners so your shape looks like this:
- Repeat the same shape with a second piece of paper, so you end up with two half.
17. Almost there, take the two half and glue them together. This part is a little tricke simply because all corners have to fit into each other. I started with adding glue to all the surfaces and let it sit for a few seconds. Than i did one corner at at time.
I hope you had fun doing this litthe paper diamond! I wish you a happy advent!