Knot pillow DIY
We totally love these cute knot pillow as seen at the current velvet range designs by Incy Interiors
Since wel like a craft once in awhile we thought we share with you this adorable and simple Knot pillow diy.
- You will need a sewing machine, 2 m of fabric (that has a little bit of a stretch) and pillow stuffing.
Knot pillow tutorial
1. Cut three 13 cm wide strips of fabric.
2. & 3. Sew the fabrick together to make one long piece of fabric (6 m in total)
4. Fold the fabric in half (inside out)
5. & 6. Sew the fabric together, resulting in a (very) long tube.
7. Sew one of the ends closed. Turn the fabric tube inside out
8. Start stuffing. The tube should be stufft quite tight. Leave one end open. You might have to take some stuffing out or shorten your tube.
Now tie the knot. I looked up a monkey fist knot and used the instruction for my pillow. Treat the stuffed tube like a rope. It may take 1-2 times untill you get your monkey fist to look round.
(There a different websites to look up the money fist knot. I like Animatedknot, especially the animation that shows how to tie it step by step. Since the proportions are very scaled I used my husbands vorarms to help me tie the knot 🙂
Do it. Style it.
Create it in a bright color for a kids room or in a toned down or nude color for your livingroom sofa. This pillow will look good in any setting. This knotted pillow also is a great Christmas gift Idea. So get to it and make a knot 🙂
Have fun creating!