The first advent is almost here and it’s time to start thinking about this year’s christmas decoration. What color to choose, what decoration to buy, what styl to wrap the gifts in this year… and of course the most important decision of all, how to decorate the christmas tree.
To make this process and decision making a little bit easier I have selected my favorite christmas tree decorations for this season. But before we dive into the different looks, number one rule for chistmas is a real tree. I grew up with a real tree and still do not get use to the fake tree look. However if done right, even a fake tree can look pretty sweet (as i will show you in a later post:). But if you have the choice go with a real tree.
Which type of christmas tree should you choos?
My choice of tree if you live in germany would be the Nordmanntanne or Nordmann fir, the Douglas Fir if you live in america and the Norway spruce if you live in an scandinavian country.
Christmas tree 1×1
No matter what style, tree, or decoration you choose my tips for decorating any tree would be:
- Always make sure your tree stands straight, not just from the front but from all sides.
- Always start with the lights and make sure they are evenly placed around the tree and sit towards the end of the branches
- Make sure the ornaments hang loose and don’t sit on branches or hang to close to each other
- Use the reflection of the light. I always try to play with the light that often is reflected through the ornaments.
- Look at your tree from all sides. A tree should look beautiful and well balanced from all angles.
Christmas tree dekoration
The black tree
The natural tree
The Paper ornament
Tree in a basket
I hope this little collection gave you some inspiration on how to decorate your Christmas Tree this year.