A homage to the color white
A little homage to the color (or non-color) we love and adore.
A color at its most complete and pure, the color of perfection.
Sure, I could start this blog post with the debate on “Is white a color?”…. but this is not the point of this blog post! Let’s just say white is a color to make talking a little bit easier. 🙂
There are a few interesting facts before I really start to overload you with all kinds of white inspiration.
Did you know…
- White in many none western countries is the color of death and grief.
- White contains an equal balance of all the colors of the spectrum
- The Japanese have six nuances to define whiteness.
We Love white…
…because it is such a calm, clean neutral and humble color. When I think of the color white, light comes to mind. There is nothing I love more than light and warmth and that is probably why I love this color so much.
I know some of you might think: but white is such a could color… To me that one of these unfortunate widespread myths. Here are some reasons why white is not a could color.
- White, like all colors, always interacts with its surrounding. White is the color that reflects most color nuances of its surrounding and by doing so adapts perfectly.
- White is never just white. Usually, this color comes in nuances… sure you can choose a colde nuance, where white contains more blue or green particles or you can get it a warm tone where more reds or yellows are mixed in.
- As soon the color white interacts with natural or warm light it simply can’t look cold. Light, just light the color white, is a combination of all colors of the spectrum. Together they bring out each other’s nuances in the most harmonious way. I love the morning- or evening sun shining into our home and see how our white walls reflect the warm hues of the sunlight.
But enough talking… no matter if in nature, architecture, an object or texture we love white in every shape and nuance. Let me know what you love most about the color white in our comments
(This inspirational post we created together with unsplash)